Tuesday 20 July 2010

A Start

In school I used to read as many old Marvel and 2000 AD comics as I could get my hands on. I wanted to be able to draw the characters and be able to get what was in my head down on paper. So I drew stuff every day, I'd go down the art room, put on Mrs Fuzy's old records and sketch, draw and scribble.

One day I stopped drawing.

FFWD to 2003

I'm an engineer. I went to college and happened to meet Stephen Jo, a man with a passion for old hollywood photos, and who is one of the few people I know who can explain in layman's terms why something is art and why something else is not. A few years after that I met Anthony Green who was giving a talk in Cambourne at the council offices and who said that he had wanted to draw because of the comics he'd read as a child.

FFWD to 2010

Jennifer persuaded me to study life drawing at Barnfield College. It didn't take much I, sort of, wanted to pick up where I left off.

I'll try to post sketches and studies when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment